11.3.09

Because the sun is overrated.

A sudden turn of my head
Slipping in and out of memories
Pick up the photographs
That seem to remind my skin
How to feel. And I listen to
The rain, cutting through my fingers
Waking inside of me
Something I've long forgotten
And the tapping, how the sound persist
Becoming a metronome to my fluttering heart
It stirs something beautiful inside of me
A love song without a heart-breaking resolution;
An eternity of smiles, never to be tainted with.

And so with that I sway
Slipping in and out of memories
Hold up my hands
And let go.
Of it all.
Closing my eyes
To release the final tears
Joining in a dance alongside the rain
Hearing our song abundantly and loudly
Knowing that nothing else ever mattered.
Open my heart, with out an ounce of blame
Glad, that I have forgotten how

And so, I will hold out my right hand
Slipping in and out of memories
While I wait
For a partner
To lead me in a dance of a lifetime
Alongside the rain
I will wait, as long as fate persist
I will wait...

for you.